I have just released a new version of my main, publicly available project, ALRM extensions for VS Code as well as for Business Central. The latest versions are available for download on my GitHub and also directly in VS Code marketplace for free for any developers in AL Language.
And what is new?
The most interesting changes are
- PermissionSets defined using XML definitions were replaced by AL permission sets. Three permission sets are available – “ALRM Admin”, “ALRM User”, and “ALRM API User”.
- New validation for object name length has been added. The max name length for each object type is 30 characters except PermissionSet & PermissionSetExtesion, with a limit of 20 characters.
- Add an error message to extension initialization when no assignable range exists.
- Trim white spaces from object type, name and id during ALRM: Synchronize.
Download from GitHub or directly from marketplaces
- Extension for VS Code: Microsoft VS Code Marketplace
- Extension for Microsoft D365 Business Central: Microsoft Business Central AppSource (new version is under review, will probably be available 2021-07-31).
What is ALRM: AL ID Range Manager: https://kepty.cz/2021/01/26/alrm-al-id-range-manager-introduction/
How to setup & use ALRM: AL ID Range Manager: https://kepty.cz/2021/04/27/how-to-start-with-alrm-al-id-range-manager/