On the Virtual Launch Event for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2021 Release Wave 1, the major changes to the cloud-based version (Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Online) have been introduced. The changes are not active yet; they will be effective from the 1st of July 2021.
The major problem for migrating from the On-Premise Business Central solution to the online version was the limitation (and price) of database capacity. No more with this change! Whats are the most interesting changes? Check the table below.
In the current situation, Business Central Online comes with 80 GB for your data with US$40 per GB over this limit. This was really, really expensive, and usually, it was a no-go for our projects. In that cases, the only way was to implement On-Premise.
With the new licensing, the price of database storage is changes drastically
- 80 GB as a standard database capacity (no change)
- You get
- 2 GB per paid user if you use Essential licenses (currently 0 GB)
- 3 GB per paid user if you use Premium licenses (currently 0 GB)
If you need a bigger database, Microsoft have also reduced price for additional space (all prices below are standard prices per month)
- Per 1 GB, you will pay US$10 (currently US$40)
- If you need more than 100 GB, you will pay US$5 per 1 GB, with a minimum of US$500 for the first 100 GB (currently US$40 per GB).
To remind the user pricing, the Essential license type (without manufacturing & service module) is US$70 per user. For the Premium license type, the price is US$100 per user.
To illustrate new pricing, imagine that you have an environment:
- With 30 Essential Users, database size 50 GB
- Now: 30 x US$70 per user = US$2100
- From 01.07: 30 x 70 per user = US$2100
- With 30 Essential Users, database size 100 GB
- Now: 30 x 70 per user, 20 GB x US$40 = US$2900
- From 01.07: 30 x 70 per user, 20 GB x US$10 = US$2300
- With 30 Essential Users, database size 200 GB
- Now: 30 x 70 per user, 120 GB x US$40 = US$6900
- From 01.07: 30 x 70 per user, 120 GB x US$5 = US$2700
Are you looking for Business Central license?
If you are looking for a Business Central license for your company (cloud-based or an on-premise license version), do not hesitate to send me an email (email@example.com) with your questions or requirements. I have contacts on Microsoft Gold Partners in many countries who can help you with your project.